Friday, April 23, 2010

The Winning PR Campaign!

I feel so HAPPY! This whole semester, my five other group members and I have been working hard on our senior capstone for Public Relations. The Central Utah Gardens in Orem came to BYU because they were having a problem connecting with the public even though they offer really great free resources to help people save water in their yards. So long story short....seven groups of six seniors each came up with a creative campaign to help the Gardens relate with the public in order to help them gain more attendees, make the public aware and most importantly save water.

Well, like I said, we busted ourselves over the strategic plans behind what the Gardens could do. We analyzed research and came up who we should focus on. It was a lot of work but I really feel like I learned a lot. We came up with a new slogan, theme, brochure, billboard, children presentations, logo, children activities, blog, facebook, newsletter, nursery packet, THE WORKS! By the end, I felt like I understood the client pretty well and I was very happy with our products and planning. It was a lot of work and we spent so much time on it but it all paid off.

Last week, we presented to the Gardens staff along with the other groups and we WON! We were the winning campaign. They are going to use some of stuff and ideas in order to help their organization. We tried to help them see that people in Utah don't really care too much about saving water but they do care about saving money, having low-maintenance, beautiful yards, having activities for the whole family, and having all of that be convenient.

On the day of our presentation, we showed up with a mock size booth for the Garden expo and even brought our own sod and plants. I stole Camille's sprinklers and plants even. It was so great. I think it really helped.

Anyways, I feel pretty excited that we won and that I can add that to the resume! I'm so excited to drive by and visit the Gardens and see stuff that we developed actually come into use. That would be so cool.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely don't forget the resume part. Anything for the resume right? HA!

    ReplyDelete