Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tonight's Tradeshow

Well, tonight is the big night for me. I've been the Account Executive (a fancy title for being the one in charge) of the PR team for the Department of Communications at BYU. We have written over 20 press releases, conducted focus groups, developed posters and events to entice students, updated social media, etc. We have done so much and tonight is the night when we will do a little slide-show presentation to describe what we have done. It is supposed to be a nice way to show-off all your hard work but really I'm just happy it's going to be over. This was a 1 credit learning experience that turned into one huge project that stressed me out to the max so I'm ready for a break. I felt really bad because I always had to assign projects to my team and they were stressed to the max. One girl even quit because it was too much. I don't blame her. There is a chance we could win as the top team in the Bradley PR agency at BYU. That would be really great because I would love my teammates to get some recognition for all they did and it would be sweet to bring that home for the resume. We'll see. There is an end in sight...except I still have a bunch of assignments to do for this account up until the last freaky day of the semester. Blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment