Monday, April 5, 2010

Future Plans!

Well, today I had my first phone interview ever. It was quite an experience. I love interviewing because I like to interact with people, but over the phone is a whole different animal. I couldn't see their expressions and I didn't know if I sounded intelligent or ridiculous. I was interviewing for an internship with Deseret Book and there were three people popping off questions about my experience and resume. I have an internship at Energy Solutions right now but I want to have options if I am put in a bad situation.

Honestly, I'm pretty nervous about the next couple of weeks. I'm moving up to Salt Lake, getting an apartment with strangers, starting a non-paid internship fresh out of college and trying to act adult. Wow, that sounds scary. I'm graduating in PR in August. It was kind of crazy to me when Mikey, my brother, wrote to me and said, "I didn't know you were a PR major." I thought everyone knew but I guess it was another one of my mysteries. I love many aspects of PR. I love understanding people and what motivates them. When you truly understand people and their self-interests, you can create messages that would be appealing to them and help them change behavior and understand your situation. I love being creative and brainstorming ideas. I like to plan events and get all of the little details out there. I like to write even though it stresses me out because I'm a perfectionist. I would love to eventually work for the LDS church in their Public Affairs office. Who knows what is going to happen.

I am also getting my seminary teaching certification because I love to teach. Many people tell me...oh, there's no money in that...but I don't really care. When it all comes down to it, I never want to be some successful career women who makes a name for herself and makes tons of money. I want to be a wife and mom. I want to be that kind of superstar but I have things to learn before that happens I guess. I want to roll around in a mini-van and come up with crazy dance moves to the nursery rhymes. I trust that Heavenly Father has it all under control and so I don't really understand everything because of my limited sight.

I'm hoping that my move to Salt Lake will give me just the kick in the pants that I need to break out of my comfort zone. I love Provo and I like where I'm at but I'm too comfortable for real growth to happen. I mean I've got good friends and my best friend in the whole world but I need to branch out. I want to meet some good guys and start progressing towards my end goals. I just keep feeling good about Salt Lake even though my internship is a little sketchy, I have no housing, and I know nobody but I know the Lord will take care of me. Good thing I'm starting a blog cuz this is gonna be interesting.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I love you writing a blog... it's going to become another addiction of mine.
    I'll probably check it every 15 minutes. Or not. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Snapp! I mean Rhap! This is cool. Thank you for including us. I even got some props. You are the best...brown nosers. J/k.
    Much love for your contribution to me and the rest of the HK Fortes in hearing about your adventures. It will be something we follow to stay more in touch with your Rhaptastic happenings.
    Good things happen to good people. Thanks for being one of my good peoples.

    ReplyDelete